Rules in actionquake?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

NRGizeR
feels some chest pain

Post by NRGizeR »

KriBBa wrote:Word angra/dajuan.

:offtopic:

Nrgizer, i met freemasons in a cw recently, they where not so nice id say, since they dropped the cw during the game(not from any pl etc..) and didnt write up the game. but thats nothing that i cared about, just funny to tell. And i got to their channel to ask why u left, no answer and i said gg anyhow, then i got banned.

and again, sorry for offtopic.
well that's something I don't know anything about... :m00:
ZoRoXo
tripped on its own grenade
In-game Name: Keeent

Post by ZoRoXo »

you shouldnt have more than 2 nades anyway =P, i hate when someone on my team trows a nade when ff is on :(
Aka. kK >> Keeent
( ) ( )
(^_^)
(~)(~)
KriBBa
was flattened

Post by KriBBa »

"when ff is on"

DIE!?, ff --> O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o
(20:04:12) (lillemaan-) kribbaway fast vi spelar inte om du spelar
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

I think everyone should just play like they want to. If someone disagrees with you, you could always find someother opponent that suits you. Being told what to do when you don't want to (.. and when you don't have to) sucks ass, specially when playing a game to entertain yourself. Anyone can see how stupid that would be.
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

KriBBa wrote:"when ff is on"

DIE!?, ff --> O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o O_o
i like ff...if your stupid enough to kill your teammates u deserve to get -1 (should be -2 or -3 imo) being able to shoot through people is stupid
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

some settings are oke to change, and some are not.

this settings are okey to change imo.. the rest should be left alone..
and ofcourse it would be nice of you to let us know..

lcc = 0/2
rtl = 2-3 more is to long, 3mins is enough to camp right titchy? :D
ff = off/on
dmflags = 768/256 leave other flags out ;P
nades = 0-2 more is lame
sCrewFace
blew up

Post by sCrewFace »

haha funny that you talk like im the fool here.. Lets play a cw and see who can come up with the most unfair settings...
You talk so much trash on this forum man, you must be trying to gain more posts or something.. Its allmost every thread i see u in, and 50% of the posts you add is just a big pile of poo..
maGro
blew itself up

Post by maGro »

Yo Devirus,

"When a man goes on a date, he wonders if he is going to get lucky. A woman already knows."

Quoted from the tvshow coupling? :)
Director of #E-Reality :: Sprayer of #koksnutten
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Yea, pwnage series ;)
fuct
is full of buckshot

Post by fuct »

lcc - 2
rtl - 3
ff - very very ON
dmflags - 768
nades - 1
mesto - NO
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

[quote="fuct"i like ff...if your stupid enough to kill your teammates u deserve to get -1 (should be -2 or -3 imo) being able to shoot through people is stupid[/quote]

*LOL* =D FF should be off, it`s not you`re bad if a team mate jumps in front of you in a try to kill someone and you are allready shooting and then kill you`re team mate! In real life people don`t run like maniacs to get kills eneyway this is not the fuckin realworld it`s a game that is sopoused to be enjoying to play. O_o
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

FF is fun in cw's.. :) the teamplay is much cooler..

in public there is so much random maniacs that destroys the fun in it
Gepardi
melted

Post by Gepardi »

It's sad to see how goddamn important some people consider some settings, for example dmflags. I don't think I know anything more ridiculous than whining about dmflags. You don't deserve to win if spawning is the key to it. For me 256 or 768 is both just fine, sometimes you don't even see the difference.

Roundtimelimit. This one shouldn't even be an issue. Rounds seldom take more than one or max. two minutes if people just play fair. So find your fair play-attitude and you don't have to worry about rtl.

Friendly fire. Umm, that's just unbeliavable that there would be a RULE that would DISABLE it. I don't call ff unfair, I call it realistic. Again, if you can't win without shooting through your teammates, you don't deserve to win. And no, I don't really like ff but it's nice to play with it sometimes and I would never even suggest a team to disable it if they want to use it.

Limchasecam. This should be easy one. If you're in LAN or using mm3, then lcc 2 to minimize the benefit. If not in LAN or using mm3, then lcc 0.

Grenades. Who cares? Okay, using 50 grenades is lame but I have never ran into a clan that has wanted more than 2 grenades. Agaaaaain: if you can't dodge a grenade if necessary, you don't deserve to win.

The other settings seem to be quite the same with every clan. Umm, has some of you seriously ran into a clan which has wanted to play with cheats enabled and with some other gravity? Me neither.

That was just my opinion.
Gepardi /pr0
#clan.pr0 @ QNet » http://koti.mbnet.fi/warjo/pr0/
birdie
tried to put the pin back in

Post by birdie »

Gepardi wrote:It's sad to see how goddamn important some people consider some settings, for example dmflags. I don't think I know anything more ridiculous than whining about dmflags. You don't deserve to win if spawning is the key to it. For me 256 or 768 is both just fine, sometimes you don't even see the difference.

Roundtimelimit. This one shouldn't even be an issue. Rounds seldom take more than one or max. two minutes if people just play fair. So find your fair play-attitude and you don't have to worry about rtl.

Friendly fire. Umm, that's just unbeliavable that there would be a RULE that would DISABLE it. I don't call ff unfair, I call it realistic. Again, if you can't win without shooting through your teammates, you don't deserve to win. And no, I don't really like ff but it's nice to play with it sometimes and I would never even suggest a team to disable it if they want to use it.

Limchasecam. This should be easy one. If you're in LAN or using mm3, then lcc 2 to minimize the benefit. If not in LAN or using mm3, then lcc 0.

Grenades. Who cares? Okay, using 50 grenades is lame but I have never ran into a clan that has wanted more than 2 grenades. Agaaaaain: if you can't dodge a grenade if necessary, you don't deserve to win.

The other settings seem to be quite the same with every clan. Umm, has some of you seriously ran into a clan which has wanted to play with cheats enabled and with some other gravity? Me neither.

That was just my opinion.

Words of wisdom <3
When the dove came..
bliz
A FOOOOOOOOO!!!

Post by bliz »

nufan wrote:FF is fun in cw's.. :) the teamplay is much cooler..

in public there is so much random maniacs that destroys the fun in it
Very true - FF should be on at all times really (except on publics), I think it makes the game a lot more fun and 'strategic' than it is now (+ it might take the .fi spraying style away, which is a plus in my eyes.). And that should be, btw, the only 'rule' being made. All the other options are just nonsense, play the game as you want - the more variety there is in this ages old game (like new maps etc, different settings etc), the longer it'll live on. The more you whine about these - rule settings - , the more you turn this game into something like a complete waste of time.
R.I.P. Double Negative 2005-2008