Has fair-play become a relic of the past?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

KriBBa
was flattened

Post by KriBBa »

ye, since clans like mobsters refuse to add losses. it sure wont help shit.
(20:04:12) (lillemaan-) kribbaway fast vi spelar inte om du spelar
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

nufan wrote:the fairplay is goone to most of the clans. It's all about the win.
surely thats only for the win that a clan plays..
but you can win even with "fair play".
and choseing a "newer map" as homemap isnt pertaining with fair play.. fair play is dont exceeding with camping.. fair play is not insult other players.. and so on.
just train it before playing in sp or public :D
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
minchiano
bleeds to death

Post by minchiano »

n99 wrote:The truth
Nuff said.
Haudrauf wrote:Don't live in the past. Take a step forward. Please evolve for everyone's sake.
Probably Mr. Negative here but cloud-cliff2-tokyo-newmap1-newmap2 rush M4 style winwinwin lolzn00bs!!#¤ is all I can think of when I read that. Must be going senile...

Being part of the semi-active clans list all I can say is:

Highlander!

It brings out the fun where it's supposed to be. I don't mind one damn bit loosing big-time in a HL game. I'm this -> :lol: all the way! I guess it's our way of keeping it a fun game to play after all these years. And regarding new maps, even though I understand what Span is talking about I can't agree all the way. I like new maps a lot, and even when facing a tight squad doing excellent tp on a brand new map I really don't care much... because...

Highlander!

Etc etc ;)
nufan
brains are on the wall

Post by nufan »

I really don't care if some clans play new maps. New maps are nice.
But there is a diffrence to play that new map only to win or for the fun of the maps. but nuff said about that.

In iN now.. we even have started to make a deal before playing vs some clans(wink wink sC)... if you camp our map we won't play the second map.
that happend yesterday..we even took cliff2 so they didn't roof tokyo. but they was just worse there.. sitting waiting on the hill even when they was 3 vs 1..

then we had to other great matches against UNi and cSu.. both really close matches.. learn from them some pls. (we even lost both matches on last deciding round, but really nice and fun cws anyway)

this last months all clans is just sitting behinde the corners and waiting for us/the other clan to come.. can't call it camping.. but it really is a shitty and boring way to play.

fun > win
ftw
now back to work.. prolly forgot something
Rulf
found a way out

Post by Rulf »

Guys this is just a game with no money or stuffs =p so who cares about wajning? more play less wajn :santa:
coooopa tropppppa BEACH!
Span
sank like a rock

Post by Span »

I think many of you have misunderstood me, but there are also some of you which have valid points that I respect fully. However, if any of you have felt offended by me, then I'm sorry about that. I've done my best to avoid it.

We lose alot of our CWs, not because we're playing maps we don't know, but because we're too inactive, as has been pointed out by many of you. In fact: We lose more CWs than we win wheter I consider them fair or not. And I don't mean to whine about it because I don't expect us to improve those statistics regardless of what maps are played.

My point is this; CWs can be fun, even if we lose. But I don't think it's fun to play a map which is completely unknown to me as I don't know where to run, where I can expect the enemy to come and soforth, so those CWs generally bog down to a style of defensive and cautious playing which I don't feel is any fun at all. It takes the 'action' out of 'Action Quake'. Of course, I can always try out all of the new maps in offline mode or practise with my clan on them. It's just that I never find the time to do so for some reason or another, and when I do, I tend to want to play a CW instead or even have a few minutes of fun on a public server if that is possible.

With that said; it's neither my intention that we should all stick with those maps that we all know. But I would however consider it a show of good sportsmanship to pick a map that is generally considered a known map or that has been on a public maprotation, even for a short while. This _doesn't_ mean that we should never add new maps to the rotations when in fact it would actually encourage us to do so.
"fifan va lätt!"
tyldis
sank like a rock

Post by tyldis »

As already mentioned, it seems to be purely motivated by winning. Find an obscure map, find -one- rush tactic and then spank the opponent.

I don't mind new maps ('spring' is actually one of my favourites), but not all new maps are gold. And maps should have been on one or several of the major public servers for a while.

And as minch said: Highlander.
I don't mind the sprayguns, but I do mind 4-5 sprayers per team. That kind of gameplay is so far from the essence of AQ2, it's the essence of CS. Highlander forces the teams to think tactics and each player will have a certain role.
Down, not across.
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

LOL NuFan! Whiner!
Alien
plummets to its death

Post by Alien »

Cmoon nufan, we both know the truth... in cliff2 it came 27 rounds and WE even had 4x m4... crybabies...

And BTW there arent any "rules" about camping. All I know, you couldnt win.... so give up. Like loosers does...
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

Thats whats this thread is all about Alien. About fair playing or do what it takes to get another green one in the cwpage. You sat 3 guys behind the cliffedge every 'rush'-spawn or whatever spawn it was that can get you up there. We simply payed back by not giving a shit about your precious map that seems to be the only map you can play decently. And it worked, cuz to me it seems like you got more annoyed over that, than we got ingame. I only write this to give the readers a typical 'anti-fair-play-cw-report' so everyone can see whats going on. Atleast I'm somewhat ontopic :P
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

Alien wrote:Cmoon nufan, we both know the truth... in cliff2 it came 27 rounds and WE even had 4x m4... crybabies...

And BTW there arent any "rules" about camping. All I know, you couldnt win.... so give up. Like loosers does...
Once upon a time there were 4 midgets who attempted to spread the teachings of the shadow to the world, the shadow crusaders. When they tried to convert the proud people of iN to this filthy belief they found themselves in a rocky mountain in a war with the defensive forces of iN.

In an attempt to attack they sent one of their troops to destroy the heroes of iN, but when they saw that this failed the three remaining midgets decided to give up their hope of ever being able to conquer iN. Instead they decided to build themselves a small community at the top of the highest mountain.

Whilst hiding in their newbuilt huts they did successfully manage to kill any attempts of the brave iN to drive out the imposters.

This has been passed down from generation to generation, but some say; that if you would find the highest cliff of the highest mountain, you are sure to find the 3 remaining midgets.

The End
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
herty
plummets to its death

Post by herty »

nufan wrote:In iN now.. we even have started to make a deal before playing vs some clans(wink wink sC)... if you camp our map we won't play the second map.
that happend yesterday..we even took cliff2 so they didn't roof tokyo. but they was just worse there.. sitting waiting on the hill even when they was 3 vs 1..
Alien wrote:Cmoon nufan, we both know the truth... in cliff2 it came 27 rounds and WE even had 4x m4... crybabies...

It's funny since if the writer of the first post hadn't been nufan I would have considered the text to be "bitter aftermatch whine". But since I've never seen nufan whining for nothing it seems a bit odd that he would start doing it now.

But then again 27 rounds in one map (even though it's cliff2) is quite an average amount in a clanwar between two tough clans. Especially since 'sC played with 4* m4 one could think it wouldn't be impossible to pick the sprayers off by sniper from the edge, would it?

Since I haven't seen the demos of the game I'm not taking up a stand of either Alien or nufan. Still I'd like to point out that fair playing is the key to the nice games since personally I couldn't enjoy of a victory if I had to play unfair to achieve it. What about you?

Ps. Johnny, you would be one hell of a good nanny!
Sovnig
blew itself up

Post by Sovnig »

Span wrote:It takes the 'action' out of 'Action Quake'.
YEAH! GO PLAY NORMAL QUAKE! LAMERS!!!!11 :hop:

I understand what you're saying though, but i don't really think we can make sC play as men. That was what this thread was about, right?
I think iN's attitude is very mature though, if they camp, just skip the second map.
There's a very fine border between being lame/mature here, it's very lame to skip the second one, and not put the first one as a loss on one's hp.

What more people should do IMO; if the other team are morons, just /quit. That'll teach them a better lesson than going "OmG yOu SprAY NooBs!1 PLz aLl tAk sNipe!!"
A good discussion is like a miniskirt; long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to pertain interest
//Splinter
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Yes, its a waste of time playing that kind of people.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know