Does even anyone wanna play CTF?

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

eLDORADO
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by eLDORADO »

I voted No,
I just don`t like it that much.. :? cant give any arguments why i don`t like CTF
Well, so is your mother.
arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

First of all CTF for aq2 needs a different type of gameplay.

I would rather see it was deathmatch with guns in some different places aswell as items on some places. Instead of starting with a gun and a item.
Lower the damage for the grenades pretty much so you can do gren jumps over the maps. And there should be some kind of Powerup like haste or maybe all items or something like that to make it more exciting.

-Alex
Hapid00!!
Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

Dunno about the grens, but placing items on the the map DM style and getting powerup's is a very good idea!
Member of VfN "Vikings from North".

/connect aq2.catchgamer.no:27922 Catch-Gamer.no AQ2#4 ModernClassic for some oldschool FF action!
Flunx
feels some chest pain
In-game Name: iN Flunx

Post by Flunx »

I would like to see CTF InstaGib for AQ2. Shouldn't be too hard to make.
I like to play games, not watch them
BeAViS
ittssaaa marrrioooo!

Post by BeAViS »

Flunx wrote:I would like to see CTF InstaGib for AQ2. Shouldn't be too hard to make.
INSTAGIB FTW!!!!!!
- Killing today in old fashioned way -
- Beware of Beavers -
- :mario: -
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

I voted yes....but then you have to finish the development of it. At this point it's not even half-finished and the unique features of ctf are missing.

Put up a server now with AQ2 CTF and I would defently not bother to play, there have been many attempts earlier to launch CTF servers and interests for AQ2...but it's useless untill it's fully finished.

But when it is, it will be so much fun! YEY! :D
L0ki
didn't throw its grenade far enough

Post by L0ki »

There were so many (good) maps published in the last month. Maybe a mapper of our great community will be able to make a appropriate CTF map?
Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

L0ki wrote:There were so many (good) maps published in the last month. Maybe a mapper of our great community will be able to make a appropriate CTF map?
We got some work for you Flunx.

But getting some coders to make a AQ2CTF mod would be great.

/connect aq2.catchgamer.no:27922 Catch-Gamer.no AQ2#4 ModernClassic for some oldschool FF action!
Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

Well there is alot of great ctf maps out there, just collect them and set up a server;)
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
sajh
is legless

Post by sajh »

no
whine...<br />
"på kvällarna förvandlas den spenslige solidas till....... STÅL-TIRRE!" - minch<br />
"i hoped i cud get a chance in iN when i saw even solidas cud do it " - Snigge/2fast4j00<br />
"iN minus sajh would be a nice clan and way better, but i would never ever stand playing with such an annoying player, lucky me that i didnt get a try in iN" - Romo
" it seems he is a "rich" mans child with to much attitude, he's like the man version of Paris Hilton... such a jerk" - Romo
Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

yes

Sabotage
plummets to its death

Post by Sabotage »

And teh "no" was for?
How am i spelling?" Please call 800-WHO-CARES or online at www.Tellsomeonewhocares.com
*bplease*
WizardExt
tried to put the pin back in
In-game Name: WizardExt
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder

Post by WizardExt »

no, please....

not wanting to be negative...but seriously...are there really any good ctf maps for aq2? if there are, they are very few. playing at this point feels like an early beta test of something that is in development, where you point out all the bugs...only thing that differs in our case, is that aq2 ctf is not under development, it's tagged 'dead'.
Picer
sank like a rock

Post by Picer »

Well, we played an hour or so on Actcity3 and had a blast. Why? It was "new" and fun to play. That's the secret.