"New" rules & fresh thinking.

The general catch-all forum for Action Quake2 related discussions.

Moderator: Moderators

McCree
joined the game

Post by McCree »

Caracol wrote: if the random doesn't go in your favor (a sucky map that is) you don't want to play it that long...
Well atleast its shorter time than 20mins :P and, remember RL 15, that might come faster than you think. TL 15 is just a backup plan in case the map is just camping.
Paskaks vaa ku ei oo omaa
dudemcpek
had its throat slit

Post by dudemcpek »

Maybe a league/cup would be a good start for something new. I like the 15 rl (and 15 tl) with 3 maps system, since that would make a regular 2x20 cw only 5 minutes longer at maximum. The pool should have all oldschool maps (those which have been played quite a lot and not some shitty ones), new maps (bad ones taken out - that would be decided at Warhouse) and also some maps which are played by some clans and aren't THAT popular.
goldblade
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by goldblade »

What about 2*20 on one server.

The map choices comes from a website dedicated to choosing a random map out of the list of all aq2 maps?
:D
DaNi
is legless

Post by DaNi »

I dont think sF will agree with this.. i mean.. how will you see who's best clan then!
Enjoy without expectations, then you will have no disappointment. Pain is temporary...pride is forever.

siete tutti dei gay figli di puttana
Lurre
is connecting

Post by Lurre »

Yay! We are having a discussion!! And yet almost none personal or off topic post...

Anyway now when our brains are started let the fantasy flow. :)

Btw, Great ideas from skmz and mccree (imo). Keep up everyone!
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Highlander is fun. It doesn't happen enough in EU though.
I don't give a shit.
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

With the appropiate opponent, you can arrange good and different cws everytime. Like last night's 3on3 HL no-m4 match against [balle]. It's fun.

... and I have no idea what was the score.
Ne quid nimis.
Samislide
is legless

Post by Samislide »

I think I'm one of the few (hardly..) who doesn't agree with you. I like to believe these 'unwritten rules' and standard cw-settings are one of not so many reasons we still got an active scene. Take it away - And you might ruin it all. Theres a reason why these 'standard-settings' haven't been changed befor.

Even so, I don't mind a weirdo cw every once in a while. So I'm totally up for a weird-league, if it's gonna happend. But making a new cw-standard - I'd say impossible.