Is voice communication within games cheating?

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

arild
loses a vital chest organ

Post by arild »

Jazzie wrote:limchase 2 is a pain in the ass :/ then we got that settled.

And besides, mm3 doesn't give that much help in aq2, it might help you if you're in a 1on1 situation, but then you probably know where your enemy is, if you don't you're probably dead before your brain has analyzed and understood what your mate actually said. I've played on lans a few times when my mates have yelled the enemy's position too me and it just made me confused. BUT, I understand why all of you others want limchase2 on, and I respect it.

I dont think voice program is cheating. With licmhasecam 2 enabled it wont affect the game that much. The only thing tho is that your teammate can tell you where he died... and where the enemy was at that point. Thats the only advantage as I see it. That and your teammate can say if he has low or high health.

And Jazzie, voice helps out alot if you are using tactics while playing. Instead of typing the location while you are alive you say it and save some secs here and there.

The only sad thing tho is that some clans doesnt say it to their opponents in regular cws.

-Arild
Hapid00!!
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

The only thing tho is that your teammate can tell you where he died... and where the enemy was at that point.
Same thing with the LOC files :)
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

Say what what what to opponents?
I don't give a shit.
hage
was flattened

Post by hage »

Does anyone want to buy a headset :P

Ok so i voted it should be allowed. Not that many people have mics anyways. With limchasecam 2 you cant tell where the enemy is. Only thing is you can tell youre death, and guess what % of health the enemy has. Disadvantage is that it might distract you or you might not be able to hear your enemy walking.
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

I cant believe this. As I'm writing, 'NO' is actually leading the poll.

AQ2 doesnt have any built-in voice communication program like Counter-Strike, and that by itself should draw a line for whats allowed and whats not.

There will always be people who look at voice communication programs as a cheat, and since AQ2 doesnt have its own unique program, it should be considered as a cheat.

Does this mean that if I could manage to turn 60% of the community into considering brightskins as legal, that its gonna be OK to use them? For Gods sake, programs that allow for voice communication in-game is your worst enemy out there. As of today, theres no way to find out if your opponents are using these kinds of programs. The only protection you can use is limchasecam, but that allows the opponent to use a regular wallhack since you cant watch how they play from their field of view.

*So deeply dissapointed by this poll*

"1,000,000,000 flies cant be wrong. Eat shit"
zombien
joined the game

Post by zombien »

bah..It sucks that AQ2 people want the game to be the old game we used to have. Just because AQ2 ain't as huge as CS it's great that people takes it more seriously and plays it more serious. The voice communication just shows that people take the game more serious and that to me is a good thing.

My opinion is that if AQ2 starts getting more and more serious it will get a greater and bigger reputation, and more people will start playing. The voice communication just makes the teamplay greater and the competition bigger if both clans use it.

And again..if limchasecam is on, what is the big deal? Of course, if you die you can spam where the person is, but other than that there's not that big advantage :p
zombien
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

btw. there's a poll in aq2suomi website (it was submitted 29.11. and now, three days later, 202 people have voted) where people can vote should mm3 be allowed or not.

"No" ~75%

"Yes" ~14%

"What is mm3?" ~12%
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Try seeing what dmflags the .fi guys want to use..
goldblade
hit the ground hard, real hard

Post by goldblade »

tuv wrote:I love it how you always take the piss on a serious subject Kurupt :?
lol serious subject :P... no offence like ... get alife? *pats tuv :bday:
:D
goldblade

Post by goldblade »

Blue Vex wrote:I cant believe this. As I'm writing, 'NO' is actually leading the poll.

AQ2 doesnt have any built-in voice communication program like Counter-Strike, and that by itself should draw a line for whats allowed and whats not.

There will always be people who look at voice communication programs as a cheat, and since AQ2 doesnt have its own unique program, it should be considered as a cheat.

Does this mean that if I could manage to turn 60% of the community into considering brightskins as legal, that its gonna be OK to use them? For Gods sake, programs that allow for voice communication in-game is your worst enemy out there. As of today, theres no way to find out if your opponents are using these kinds of programs. The only protection you can use is limchasecam, but that allows the opponent to use a regular wallhack since you cant watch how they play from their field of view.

*So deeply dissapointed by this poll*

"1,000,000,000 flies cant be wrong. Eat shit"

roflmao...this is silly. it's not cheat. C&C us ts all the time - but we normally tell our opponents. we just giggle like little bitches on it :)
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

You don't like my singing?
I don't give a shit.
goldblade

Post by goldblade »

ur singing rox.

reminds me of mariah carey

:hop:
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Yeah, voice communication programs improves teamplay!

"ATTACK NOW, HES BANDAGING!"
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Post by Clown »

How you gonna know he's bandaging? (unless you're on a cheap limchasecam 0 server :roll:)

As you probably already know, we play matches for a laugh. We have a laugh on TS too, for example I will make fun of Goldblade when he misses a jump or something :p
I don't give a shit.
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

I think someone here missed the point.
fell in love with the game