Is voice communication within games cheating?

Pimpin new players? Started a new clan? Do you dislike a player or a clan? Post it all here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

That's pretty much what makes AQ2 such a splendid game. It isn't anything, it doesn't have any fancy effects, it doesn't have spectacular graphics, it doesn't have voice communication. It's just a quick shootemup with stupid gravity, and it has always been a quick shootemup with stupid gravity. I hope it stays a quick shoote,,, ya.

its a 'i-dont-like-it' group of ppl, most cant accept any changes.

Please note that the 'i-dont-like-it' group against is bigger than the group for, according to aq2suomis twohundred something votes.
fell in love with the game
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

with the 'i-dont-like-it' group i diddnt mean just the mm3 thing but changes in general, look at q2ace-nocheat, look at the skins, look at the gl_mod thing etc. Personaly i think voicecoms would be a good thing for aq. And no Jazzi i dont think mm3 will slow down the game, i think it will move the teamplay to a higher level for all of us :)

Dont get me wrong here, i love aq, thats why i play it from the start.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

Blue Vex wrote:You want to allow a 3rd party program into your game now, but where does the line go, and who draws it?

I do it in NAQL because I'm supervisor ;)
Jazzie
is now shorter

Post by Jazzie »

the skins? You mean the "We wish there were birightskins on every server" Council? Just to follow the theme. And I haven't said that Nocheat is wrong, I've just said that not having it is just as right.

Back to mm3. I don't want enhanced tactics! That's what makes aq2 so great: you don't need to think! You don't need a voice chat to get together a decent play.
fell in love with the game
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

omg... dont take everything so personal :P

oh well i have nothing else to say

Last edited by Den on Mon Dec 08, 2003 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Blue Vex
melted

Post by Blue Vex »

Den, you actually managed to compare a 3rd party program up against something that comes with the game. :/
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

Well im sorry :( but i think this post is useless, so i post useless things :/
Clement
Master of the Universe

Post by Clement »

Blue Vex wrote:(snip)

Define your 'fun' Blizzeh.

(snip)

Stop talking about what you define as fun and stick to the topic.

Hehehe :)

I cba to get myself involved in this discussion.. although, imo mm3 is great! :D
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

After some coffee,

My arguement for todaaaaaaaay is: ppl who are against mm3, are just too scared to talk to other ppl! Not all tho :D
nine
sank like a rock

Post by nine »

h0h0h0h0h :sleep:
sug balle
tyldis
sank like a rock

Post by tyldis »

Zonic wrote:
tyldis wrote:Face it, in some situations MM3 is acceptable (just for fun CWs) and in some it is not (tournaments).
Please explain your thoughts.
Love to!

If both parties agree it's okay, like a very nice, cudly and friendly match I can't see the harm. It's just for the kick of it anyways. But any real CW in a tournament or such should not feature MM3. If MM3 was integrated and your mic died when you no longer can use 'say', then it would be pretty much okay.

Face it, you can say a lot about the enemy in the few seconds after you die. After that you can spec your mate helping him see: 'Dood, are you blind?! Didn't you see him there in your left corner for a millisecond?'.

MM3 is just one of the things clans need to agree on before a CW, among how to count score and what timelimit to use.
Down, not across.
tyldis
sank like a rock

Post by tyldis »

AssKick3r wrote:So some of u r saying that lan is cheat? O_o
Of course it is. In a *serious* match like EAQL/NAQL I hope the admin checks if two players are sharing IP.
Down, not across.
tyldis
sank like a rock

Post by tyldis »

tyldis wrote:If MM3 was integrated and your mic died when you no longer can use 'say', then it would be pretty much okay.

I just want to stress that. If MM3 would behave exactly like regular chat there would be no problem.
Down, not across.
Zonic
was flattened

Post by Zonic »

tyldis wrote:
Zonic wrote:
tyldis wrote:Face it, in some situations MM3 is acceptable (just for fun CWs) and in some it is not (tournaments).
Please explain your thoughts.
Love to!

If both parties agree it's okay, like a very nice, cudly and friendly match I can't see the harm. It's just for the kick of it anyways. But any real CW in a tournament or such should not feature MM3. If MM3 was integrated and your mic died when you no longer can use 'say', then it would be pretty much okay.

Face it, you can say a lot about the enemy in the few seconds after you die. After that you can spec your mate helping him see: 'Dood, are you blind?! Didn't you see him there in your left corner for a millisecond?'.

MM3 is just one of the things clans need to agree on before a CW, among how to count score and what timelimit to use.
I agree that it would be the best if the mic would die when you're dead, but that won't ever happen in aq2.

Why should we treat aq2 different then other games? Let's take Quake 3 as an example; There are no intergrated microphone-usage. But it's still allowed to 3rd party programs to be able to use it. I haven't heard about any mod, for Quake 3, that doesn't encourage or disallowes the usage of microphones.

tyldis wrote:
AssKick3r wrote:So some of u r saying that lan is cheat? O_o
Of course it is. In a *serious* match like EAQL/NAQL I hope the admin checks if two players are sharing IP.
Same here, why should we treat aq2 different then other games?

And fyi, LAN is allowed in NAQL.
kaaos
blew itself up

Post by kaaos »

Zonic wrote:Let's take Quake 3 as an example; There are no intergrated microphone-usage. But it's still allowed to 3rd party programs to be able to use it. I haven't heard about any mod, for Quake 3, that doesn't encourage or disallowes the usage of microphones.

most clans in the (small) reaction quake3 scene DO NOT tolerate mm3.
THEIR WHITE FLAGS ARE NO MATCH FOR OUR MACHINEGUNS