search for servers

The place to discuss your client and server issues, or to post your client and server related problems. Now with added Anticheat flavour.

Moderator: Moderators

itti
is connecting

search for servers

Post by itti »

how do you search/query q2 servers?
i like the adr0-adr9 variables because i can easiely join a server in_game. problem is that i want to query more then 10 servers... :(
creator of the original Seppmair Quake II
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

use the all-seeying eye :D
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
itti
is connecting

Post by itti »

does it find the various quake2 servers around that aren´t listet on official master servers?
creator of the original Seppmair Quake II
Caracol
was picked off

Post by Caracol »

I didn't get the last post, but it is "The All-Seeing Eye".
There you can search (and directly join) to Quake II servers and a lot of different games.
Download it, install it, configure it, browse quake2 and connect.
Hope it helps, if not, MSN, ICQ or IRC are very good options.

Caracol
Ne quid nimis.
Den
something dur dur

Post by Den »

itti wrote:does it find the various quake2 servers around that aren´t listet on official master servers?
No you can only find servers that are connected to a master server
There's a chopper coming in 3 days and there's a katana on top of the cafe and that's all you need to know
Clown
unpossible??!?!!

Re: search for servers

Post by Clown »

itti wrote:i can easiely join a server in_game.
in-game
Set up aliases - for example serv-bt1 can make you join Boomtown 1 or something.
Haudrauf
tripped on its own grenade

Post by Haudrauf »

to clear things up:

All-Seeing Eye DOES even find servers that are not listed on master-servers because the users of ASE are adding servers to their client and thus adding them to the ASE-server-list for other users as well.
does it find the various quake2 servers around that aren´t listet on official master servers?
Yes, ASE does not depend on old-fashioned masterservers but still likely has ALL! servers available.

---

If you want to stick with masterservers, there's a quake2-master located at quad.netdome.biz (std-port)... and if you want to have nightly compiled list of aq2-servers only, have a look at http://quad.netdome.biz/aq2/aq2_list
ImageOwner of http://aq2maps.quadaver.org
Not part of #aq2admins for a reason.